We would like to provide you with an update on the situation at Rubicon Grove as we have received confirmation today that one resident has tested positive to COVID-19 via a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). The resident, and a small number of close contacts, will now isolate and be monitored for symptoms.
Our organisation’s first priority is to protect our resident community and staff at Rubicon Grove.
Our Clinical and Management teams are taking immediate steps to rule out any further risk of exposure.
Once again, we are working with the Tasmania’s Aged Care Emergency Operations Centre (ACEOC) to review the possible exposure and associated risk. As a precaution the following actions have been implemented:
- All residents will have a RAT today.
- All staff and visitors will continue to wear P2/N95 masks.
- Staff will wear full PPE (Gowns, P2/N95 masks, face shields or goggles) where required.
- A deep clean will be undertaken.
- All residents will be monitored for symptoms.
These precautionary measures will be reviewed daily.
As always, we will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families and provide any further information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.