We would like to provide you with an update on the COVID-19 situation at Bishop Davies Court, which was placed into a precautionary lockdown this morning.
As a precaution, all staff undertake a Rapid Antigen Test prior to every shift. Today, two staff members tested positive and immediately left the workplace. Neither was symptomatic at the time.
Once again, we are working with the Tasmania’s Aged Care Emergency Operations Centre (ACEOC) to review the possible exposure and associated risk. As a precaution the following actions have been implemented:
- All staff will wear full PPE (Gowns, P2/N95 masks, face shields or goggles).
- A deep clean will be undertaken.
- Residents will be monitored for symptoms.
- Visitors can continue with the following restrictions:
- one visitor, per resident, per day;
- visitors must wear full PPE (including gown, gloves, face mask and goggles);
- undergo a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival;
- visiting hours will be 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
- All volunteer programs will be suspended.
These additional precautions will remain in place for the next 24 hours in the first instance. We will then add or reduce protective layers accordingly.
We will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families to update them about their loved one’s health and further information as it comes becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.