We would like to provide an update on the COVID-19 situation at Bishop Davies Court and our plan for visitors over the Easter long weekend.
Another PCR test round was completed on 13 April and since the commencement of the outbreak a total of 17 residents have tested positive to COVID-19. The majority have since recovered with only 4 active cases onsite. Once again, some residents who have tested positive have remained asymptomatic.
We are now able to decrease precautionary measures as follows:
- Wellington and Derwent residents will be permitted to leave the facility over Easter. Additionally, these residents may move freely around their houses. Meals can be enjoyed in the dining room or residents’ rooms, if they prefer.
- Unfortunately, restrictions must remain in place for residents in Huon and Franklin, however residents who do not have COVID-19 are able to move within their houses.
- There continues to be no movement permitted between floors at this stage.
- All staff and visitors will continue wear level 3 PPE at all times.
Visiting hours over Easter will be increased as follows:
- All residents may have one visitor per day during the Easter long weekend (Friday 15 April to Monday 18 April inclusive).
- Visiting times are between 10am and 4pm.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test. If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear Level 3 PPE and be escorted to the resident they are visiting. Please note, to ensure appropriate distancing, the path may be different than you might normally take.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes (once screening process has been completed) to allow time for staff to safely process all incoming visitors.
We understand the precautionary measures in place to allow these visits might be complicated, but these have been implemented for the sole purpose of maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our OneCare community.
As always, we will keep reviewing the current situation and will provide another update next week.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.