As the COVID-19 situation at Bishop Davies Court continues to evolve, we will maintain regular communication and provide updates as necessary, particularly as we approach the Easter long weekend.
At this stage, all PCR tests have been completed and since the commencement of the outbreak a total of 14 residents have tested positive to COVID-19. The majority have since recovered with only six active cases onsite. Pleasingly, some residents who have tested positive have remained asymptomatic.
Again, we want to assure our residents and their families that we are taking this matter seriously and are doing everything we possibly can to eliminate any further risk.
We understand temporary lockdowns can be distressing for both residents and their families. Therefore, to maintain the overall wellbeing of our residents, a limited number of visitors will be allowed to visit between Tuesday 12 April and Thursday 14 April. However, as there are still active cases on site, we ask for your cooperation to assist us to prevent any further spread of the virus.
How will the visits work?
- All residents may have one visitor in the three day visiting period.
- Visiting times are between 10am to 12noon and then from 1pm to 4pm.
- Visits must be booked in advance (please call Alicia Bright on 6283 1100 between 8:00am and 4:00pm to book).
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test. If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear Level 3 PPE and be escorted to the resident they are visiting. Please note, to ensure appropriate distancing, the path may be different than you might normally take.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes (once screening process has been completed) to allow time for staff to safely process all incoming visitors.
We understand the precautionary measures in place to allow these visits might be complicated, but these have been implemented for the sole purpose of maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our OneCare community.
As always, we will keep reviewing the current situation and will provide another update on Thursday.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.