Further to our update yesterday, we have received confirmation that a second resident at Bishop Davies Court has tested positive to COVID-19 overnight. The resident – a close contact of the initial case – and a small number of other contacts, have been isolating and are all being monitored for symptoms.
I want to assure our residents and their families that we are taking this matter seriously and we are doing everything we possibly can to eliminate any further risk.
Consequently, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all residents and staff, Bishop Davies Court will enter a precautionary lockdown for 48 hours, while we monitor and assess the situation.
No visitors will be permitted during this time.
We are working with Tasmania’s Aged Care Emergency Operations Centre (ACEOC) to review the possible exposure and associated risk. As a precaution, the following actions have been implemented to reduce the risk to other residents and staff:
- All staff and visitors will continue to wear P2/N95 masks.
- Staff will wear full PPE (Gowns, P2/N95 masks, face shields or goggles) where required.
- A deep clean will be undertaken.
- All residents will be monitored for symptoms.
- Meals will be served in resident rooms instead of the dining room.
- All group activities will be suspended at this time.
These precautionary measures will be reviewed daily and be kept in place for the shortest possible period.
We will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families to update them about their loved one’s health and provide further information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.