I would like to provide you with an update on the situation at Bishop Davies Court as we have received confirmation that today a resident has tested positive to COVID-19 via a PCR test. The
resident, and a small number of close contacts, will now isolate and be monitored for symptoms.
Our organisation’s first priority is to protect our resident community and staff at Bishop Davies Court. Our Clinical and Management teams are taking immediate steps to rule out any further
risk of exposure.
Once again, we are working with Tasmania’s Aged Care Emergency Operations Centre (ACEOC) to review the possible exposure and associated risk. As a precaution the following actions have been implemented:
- All staff and visitors will continue to wear P2/N95 masks;
- Staff will wear full PPE (Gowns, P2/N95 masks, face shields or goggles) where required;
- A deep clean will be undertaken; and
- All residents will be monitored for symptoms.
In addition, to reduce the risk to other residents and staff:
- Meals will be served in resident rooms instead of the dining room; and
- All group activities will be suspended at this time.
These precautionary measures will be reviewed daily and be kept in place for the shortest possible period.
Close contacts will be required to undertake a RAT or PCR in two days’ time, then again on Sunday 3 April.
We will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families to update them about their loved one’s health and provide further information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.