We would like to inform you that Barossa Park Lodge has today been upgraded to a COVID-19 exposure site, due to a number of cases being confirmed in the community and among our team.
At this stage, no residents have tested positive for COVID-19 so there will be no change to the current visiting hours.
However, our organisation’s first priority is to protect our resident community and staff at Barossa Park Lodge.
We are therefore working with Tasmania’s Aged Care Emergency Operations Centre (ACEOC) to review the possible exposure and associated risk. As a precaution, the following actions have been implemented to reduce the risk to residents and staff:
- All staff and visitors will be required to undertake Rapid Antigen Tests daily (instead of every 72 hours).
- Staff will be required to wear additional PPE (Gowns, P2/N95 masks, face shields or goggles) as required.
- Visitors may need to also wear additional PPE as required by staff onsite.
- A deep clean will be undertaken.
- All residents will be monitored for symptoms.
These precautionary measures will be reviewed daily and kept in place for the shortest possible period.
We will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families to update them about their loved one’s health and provide further information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.