You will have heard that Hobart and Southern Tasmania have now been placed into a snap three day lockdown, as of 6:00pm on Friday 15 October. We want to assure you that during this time, our staff will continue to support and care for all our residents. They will be wearing appropriate PPE and will be following our established strict COVID lockdown protocols to ensure the safety, comfort and security of everyone in the OneCare community.
As per the Government mandate, general visitors will not be permitted in our facilities during these three days.
The only permitted visitors in Residential aged care facilities will be if:
- A person is a resident
- The person is employed or engaged by the facility
- The person is providing goods or services necessary for the operation of the facility
- The person is providing goods or services to a resident
- A person who is providing end of life support for a resident at the facility
- In an emergency
- A person is providing support to a resident who is suffering from dementia or similar condition and the person is required by the operator of the facility to assist in reducing distress or confusion in the resident
More general information on the lockdown can be accessed via the government website here: https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/families-community/covid-19-coronavirus-lockdown/lockdown-measures
If you have any questions or concerns during this time, please contact Barossa Park Lodge reception on 6208 0800 or Bishop Davies Court reception on (03) 6283 1100