We would like to provide another update on the current COVID-19 situation at Umina Park. A PCR sweep was conducted yesterday and there are currently two (2) COVID-19 positive residents.
As there are still active cases on site, we ask for your cooperation to assist us to prevent any further spread of the virus.
From 10am today the following precautions remain in place:
The Lodge remains in a precautionary lockdown and only visitors who are:
- Providing end of life support for a resident at the facility; or
- Providing support to a resident who is suffering from dementia or similar condition and the person is required by the operator of the facility to assist in reducing distress or confusion in the resident; will be permitted during this time.
Staff will advise of any additional PPE requirements for visitors who may be visiting an isolated resident due to COVID-19.
All Other Houses:
- All staff and visitors will continue to wear P2/N95 masks and goggles at all times.
- Visiting times are between 10.00 am to 12 noon and then from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear PPE (as directed by staff).
- Non-vaccinated visitors must show a negative PCR test result in the last 72 hours or complete a RAT on arrival.
We will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families to update them about their loved one’s health as normal.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 6433 5166.