We would like to provide an update on the current COVID-19 situation at The Manor Complex. A PCR sweep was conducted yesterday and there remains eight (8) positive cases:
Riseley House– 3 active cases
Machen Court – 1 active case
Upper Garden Cottage – 2 active cases
Lower Garden Cottage – 2 active cases
We understand temporary lockdowns can be distressing for both residents and their families. Therefore, to maintain the overall wellbeing of our residents, a limited number of visitors will be allowed. However, as there are still active cases on site, we ask for your cooperation to assist us to prevent any further spread of the virus.
The following precautions remain in place:
Riseley House and Garden Cottage remain in a precautionary lockdown and only visitors who are:
- Providing end of life support for a resident at the facility; or
- Providing support to a resident who is suffering from dementia or similar condition and the person is required by the operator of the facility to assist in reducing distress or confusion in the resident; will be permitted during this time.
All Other Houses:
- Two visitors per day per resident.
- Visiting times are between 10am to 12noon and then from 1pm to 4pm.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear PPE (as directed by staff).
- Visits will be limited to 1 hour (once screening process has been completed) to allow time for staff to safely process all incoming visitors.
If a resident has not tested positive to COVID-19, they are permitted to go out of the facility, but we would strongly recommend close contact rules apply, particularly wearing a mask in public places.
We understand the precautionary measures in place to allow these visits might be complicated, but these have been implemented for the sole purpose of maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our OneCare community.
As always, we will keep reviewing the current situation and will provide another update regularly.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 6345 2100.