We would like to provide you with an update on the COVID-19 situation at Rubicon Grove.
Since our last sweep of PCR testing, the active number of COVID-19 cases has risen to a total of ten (10) – seven in Blackwood and three in Shea Oak.
Restrictions still remain as follows:
Blue Gum and Tea Tree
- Two visitors per day per resident.
- Visiting times are between 10am to 12noon and then from 1pm to 4pm.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear PPE (as directed by staff).
- Visits will be limited to 1 hour (once screening process has been completed) to allow time for staff to safely process all incoming visitors.
Shea Oak and Blackwood
Visitors will be restricted to those:
- Providing end of life support for a resident at the facility; or
- Providing support to a resident who is suffering from dementia or similar condition and the person is required by the operator of the facility to assist in reducing distress or confusion in the resident; with approval of the Facility Manager.
We understand temporary lockdowns can be distressing for both residents and their families. We assure you we are doing everything in our power to make these as temporary as possible and implemented for the sole purpose of maintaining the safety of our OneCare community.
Care packages (such as a book or special treat) may be left at the front door in a clearly marked bag for staff to deliver to residents.
As always, we will maintain regular contact with our residents’ families and provide any further information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 6427 5700.