We would like to provide you with an update on the situation at Rubicon Grove where we now have three (3) residents in Blackwood who have tested positive to COVID-19 via a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
We understand temporary lockdowns can be distressing for both residents and their families. Therefore, to maintain the overall wellbeing of our residents, a limited number of visitors will be allowed. However, as there are active cases on site, we ask for your cooperation to assist us to prevent any further spread of the virus.
From 10am today the following precautions remain in place:
Blackwood Wing is now in a precautionary lockdown and only visitors who are:
- Providing end of life support for a resident at the facility; or
- Providing support to a resident who is suffering from dementia or similar condition and the person is required by the operator of the facility to assist in reducing distress or confusion in the resident; will be permitted during this time.
All Other Wings:
- Two visitors per day per resident.
- Visiting times are between 10am to 1 noon and then from 1pm to 4pm.
- Upon arrival, all visitors must complete a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT). If the RAT is negative, visitors will be asked to wear PPE (as directed by staff).
- Visits will be limited to 1 hour (once screening process has been completed) to allow time for staff to safely process all incoming visitors.
We understand the precautionary measures in place to allow these visits might be complicated, but these have been implemented for the sole purpose of maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our OneCare community.
As always, we will keep reviewing the current situation and will provide another update regularly.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 6427 5700.