We wish to provide an update regarding COVID-19 at Bishop Davies Court.
Unfortunately, we have had two residents in Franklin who have tested positive which means our facility is now classified as an “outbreak site”.
All Franklin residents have undergone a RAT test, and further RAT testing for the entire facility will be undertaken within the next 24 hours.
Therefore, to ensure we limit the exposure to residents and visitors, we have implemented the following precautions, effective immediately.
- No visitors permitted unless an exemption has been approved by the Clinical Care Manager.
- Residents who are infected are confined to their rooms.
- Residents who are not infected are confined to the Franklin Unit.
- A deep clean of Franklin House will be undertaken.
- Visiting hours for the remainder of the facility remain unchanged.
- All staff and visitors will wear N95/P3 masks and goggles at all times.
- Visitors may be required to undergo a RAT test on entry.
- Visitors who are positive or considered a close contact of a positive case, may not enter the facility without a written exemption from Public Health.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. We realise this is a very stressful time for everyone.
We will continue to assess the risks and take all possible actions to protect our community.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 6283 1100.